A New Way to Participate in CPR Benefits
CPR is pleased to announce a way for agencies to take
advantage of the many benefits offered by the cooperative, without
becoming a full member.
Current Membership Requirements
Presently non-profit businesses offering debt
management counseling and education can become a full member of
CPR. Upon approval (see detailed membership requirement at the end
of this letter) an agency can acquire one share of stock in the
cooperative at a cost of $3,500, which entitles them to full use
the software and the related support. Each member has one equal
vote in the affairs of the cooperative, including major programming
development and pricing of the monthly support. Many other benefits
include total business continuity, contingency and disaster recovery
options, risk mitigation and a beneficiary copyright to the source
code of the software. We have included a number of documents that
further detail the benefits of our technologically advanced software.
A New Alternative
As an alternative to becoming a full voting member,
it is possible for an agency to become a “partner” of
an existing CPR member. Under this arrangement, a new agency would
enter into a participation agreement directly with the hosting agency.
This would allow the new partner agency to use all of the software
programs as well as data hosting options on existing servers. The
hosting agency would charge a monthly user fee, which would be negotiated
between the parties.
The benefits to the satellite agency are numerous,
- No $3,500 membership fee required
- No minimum number of ports (A member must have 10 ports)
- No need to purchase a server
- No need to purchase SQL database software
- No need to purchase backup software for a server
- No maintenance required for either the operation system or the
- No more nightly back-ups for the database account
The level of service can vary depending on the
needs and agreement between the parties.
Minimum services: –
the hosting agency would simply host the data account and allow
access to all of the current DMS Professional Suite™ programs.
The Partner’s identity would be retained on all letters and
forms created from the software. The trust account would remain
completely independent from the host agency.
Additional services could include the following:
- Printing checks
- Preparing EFT and EDI files
- Printing client statements
- Preparing and printing all client communications
- Preparing and printing all creditor communications
- Running all nightly back up processes
- Generating maintenance and backroom processing reports
- Client and creditor closeout
- System restores when required
The SunGard Factor
About one half of the current CPR Membership
have opted to have their data hosted at SunGard. Advantages of
hosting data accounts at SunGard are many, including:
- No additional hardware will be required
- No additional operating software or database management software
will be required
- Opportunity for growth for CPR Members or their Partners
- Secure VPN connection between the Partner agency and SunGard
which is encrypted
- Ability for growth at each parties own rate of speed
- Few one time charges: Setup fee of $150.00, hardware fee for
purchasing a firewall approximately $500, and a low monthly monitoring
fee of $50
Cooperative Processing Resources (CPR) is the industry's
premiere Debt Management System (DMS) provider.
We are a Texas Cooperative association that is owned
by a cooperative membership consisting of credit counseling agencies,
both large and small. CPR currently has 59 members in the United
States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Working together as a cooperative
in order to ensure continued technical support was the primary reason
for creating CPR. Agencies wanted to work together and have control
over the enhancements and destiny of the DMS Professional Suite
software application. CPR’s ongoing priority is to provide
their members with software improvements and new innovations, fast
response to all industry regulations, on-going training, and technical
support for the software that runs their agencies.
The Cooperative's mandate is to provide quality technology-based
products and services that enhance each member's ability to provide
optimal service to consumers and creditors alike.
Note: Membership requirements of CPR
- Agency is engaged on a non-profit basis in the business of providing
debt management counseling and education.
- Agency is organized and qualified as a non-profit corporation
or other non-profit entity satisfying the requirements of internal
Revenue code 501(C)(3).
- Agency holds all permits and licenses required by applicable
federal or state law for operation.
- Agency agrees to devote, and in fact spend, a reasonable percentage
of its annual operating expenses on educational programs presented
to the community.
- Agency has an unpaid Board of Directors representative of the
community in which they operate.
- Agency agrees to provide evidence of, an annual certified audit
by an independent CPA of our trust and operating accounts and
handling of client funds.
- Agency will make the $3,500.00 capital contribution to the Cooperative
as currently required for all members by the Board of Directors.
- Agency agrees to pay monthly charges for the level of services
contracted in amounts established from time to time by the Board
- Agency will comply with such other reasonable standards established
- or adopted and announced from time-to-time by the Board of Directors.
For more information please contact:
Cooperative Processing Resources
Toll Free: 800-266-7988 extension 208
Web Site: www.cprops.com